Important: Renew Your Medicaid Coverage in March
Due to COVID-19, KanCare renewals were paused but they are coming back. Renewals are starting again this year and notices will go out from March 2023 to March 2024. Please read the important instructions below to ensure you keep your coverage.
If you receive a letter from Medicaid, please respond immediately as you will have a narrow window to reply. You must reply or you will be removed from the Medicaid program.
Steps to keeping your coverage:
1. Update your address
- Call the KanCare Clearinghouse at 1-800-792-4884. You can also call your MCO (number on the back of your KanCare card).
- You can also updated your address online. Scan this code and use the KIERA chatbot to update your address.
2. Open your mail
- Read any letters you get from KanCare.
3. Take action
- Review and complete the renewal form if you receive it.
How to help your members avoid a lapse in Medicaid coverage
Please remind the families and individuals you serve:
- To make sure their address is updated with KanCare so they can receive their renewal notice; and,
- To act quickly if they receive a renewal form to complete
How can a member update their address:
- Calling the KanCare Clearinghouse at 1-800-792-4884; or,
- Calling the MCO Member Services (number on the back of their KanCare card). UnitedHealthcare Member Services number is: 877-542-9238; or,
- Using the chatbot that can be found on the bottom right corner of the kancare.ks.gov website. It looks like this:
How to know when to renew:
- A member will know they need to renew when and if they receive a renewal form in the mail. Members with a linked online account can also see if they are due to renew under Access my Benefits.
- Members can also call their MCO Member Services (number on the back of their KanCare card) to ask when is their renewal date.
If the member no longer qualifies for Medicaid:
- Visit healthcare.gov to learn more about coverage options available.
How can a member renew:
- Members will have to review, complete, and sign the renewal form received from the state. It is a good idea to make a copy for their records, then mail it back in the self-addressed envelope.
- The form can also be faxed to: 1-844-264-6285
- Visit applyforkancare.ks.gov
- The member can log in to their account or create one, then make sure the account is linked to their case number. If not linked to a case number, send a request through the online portal to have their case linked to the account. The case number can be found on the notice received from KanCare. The member can also call the KanCare Clearinghouse to request the case number. UnitedHealthcare members can also call Member Services at 1-877-542-9238.
- If their case is ready to be renewed, they will see a link to Renew my Benefits under Access my Benefits.
If unable to renew by mail or online, call the KanCare Clearinghouse at 1-800=792-4884 to discuss other available options to submit the renewal form.