The Special Blessings Family Birth Center at Kearny County Hospital is a delivery and postpartum unit that delivers care to the expectant mother and her family. Our goal is to offer families the kind of childbirth experience they are looking for, in a medically safe environment.
Special features of the Family Birth Center:
- Four spacious birthing suites, each with a homey feeling and a private bathroom containing a Jacuzzi whirlpool tub
- State-of-the-art monitoring and advanced newborn equipment hidden in the furniture
- One triage suite is used to provide care to mothers for outpatient testing, as well as monitoring prior to being admitted to the Birth Center
- Highly trained and specialized nurses and support staff to care for you and your baby who are certified through the American Heart Association’s Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Nurse anesthetists available 24 hours a day to administer labor epidurals
- Car seat installation instructions given by a certified staff member
- A celebration meal provided in the privacy of the birthing suite to our mothers and one guest
- Diaper bag with complimentary gifts
- Share your newborn’s photo on www.mom365.com
Childbirth Education Classes
Join us on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the year to learn from our High 5 for Mom & Baby Premier-Recognized staff. Our classes cover topics such as variations in labor and birth, pain relief options, breastfeeding, post-partum care, baby care basics, safe sleep and more! Check out the class schedule and full topics list, and register online using the form below.