Join our team and make a healthy difference in our community
At Kearny County Hospital, we offer rewarding hospital and healthcare careers that empower you to have a big impact on our local communities. From innovative care that makes us a national leader in rural health to our culture of respect for everyone, we are an employer of choice for many reasons.
We are offering a $10,000 bonus for Medical Technologists/Medical Lab Technicians. Click on the job descriptions to learn more and apply today!
Employee Benefits & Compensation
We are proud of our reputation as a beacon of health and wellness, and we know it’s our people who make our mission successful and our vision possible. We strive to reward such dedication with highly competitive compensation and benefits packages. The following benefits are available to all full-time employees and part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week:
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Group health plan (medical, dental and vision coverage)
- Life and disability insurance provided by the hospital
- Tuition assistance and student loan repayment for those who qualify
- Employee-paid supplemental insurance packages available
A career at Kearny County Hospital also comes with many opportunities for learning, professional growth and a healthy work/life balance.
Current Job Openings
From physicians, nurses, CNAs, CMAs, med/surg technologists, lab technicians and many other clinicians – to hospital and practice administrators, billing and insurance staff, maintenance and materials staff, housekeeping and more – we are always looking for new talent on our team. View our job openings below and apply online to tell us why you are a great fit for the KCH family:
Ancillary Services Director
The Director of Ancillary is responsible for oversight of outpatient clinical operations, programs, and services. Some departments include but is not limited to: Physical Therapy, Dietary Services, Laboratory Services, Respiratory Therapy and Radiology Services. The Director is responsible for planning, administration, and monitoring of consistent readiness of all quality management, regulatory requirements, and quality improvement processes. The position reports directly to the CEO and is a member of the Operations Team. RN or other clinical bachelor’s degree. Related field and relevant experience can substitute. Minimum of three (3) years in an acute care facility and demonstrates a clear working knowledge of general hospital operations. Minimum of 5 years of supervisory and leadership experience.
Responsible for completion for the federally required Resident Assessment Instrument and the implementation and ongoing evaluation of the resident’s comprehensive plan of care. Uses established work systems and processes to facilitate quality of care and of life while ensuring ongoing regulatory compliance with all applicable laws and professional standards of practice. Facilitates effective communication of elder needs and issues to the interdisciplinary team and fosters positive change, profession/program, and teamwork. Team member is responsible Infection Control; MDS;HCBS review; and assessing, developing, implementing, monitoring, and managing the IPCP. Current Kansas Licensure – RN/LPN and current BLS Certification required. Two years of responsible nursing experience preferably in a long-term care facility.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for all accounting, budgetary, and financial planning activities within Kearny County Hospital. Kearny County Hospital has a 25 bed critical access hospital, a Long-Term Care Unit, Assisted Living, and Rural Health Clinic.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably with an accounting concentration. Master’s degree or CPA preferred. A minimum of 3 years of financial management experience.
Alongside the leadership team at KCH, the CFO will be responsible for:
- Living the Mission, Vision and Values: Being committed to providing quality, compassionate healthcare services for the community to enrich the lives of our family, friends, and neighbors through service with compassion, teamwork, respect, integrity, value, and excellence.
- Leadership: Provides visionary leadership that inspires the highest levels of performance in the delivery of health care and business and operational administration.
- Medical staff relations. Maintains effective and collaborative relationships with the medical staff that inspires and ensures the ability to meet the health needs of the community, advances quality, patient safety, and patient satisfaction.
- Operational management. Maintains an organized system of management and controls that ensure smooth function of hospital operations, timely accomplishment of goals, and physical, financial, and human resource viability and success. Understands the balance between team engagement, patient satisfaction, quality outcomes, and organization stability and success (financial and growth).
- Quality of care services. Ensures best practice, evidence-based approaches to consistently deliver exceptional, well-coordinated and integrated value-based care that delivers high level outcomes and patient satisfaction while providing personalized care for each patient.
- Strategic planning. Develops, implements, and executes operational plans that ensure timely strategic goal achievements that both grow and sustain the organization through its mission, values, and vision.
- Partnerships and negotiations. Develops strategic, collaborative partnerships and ensures skillful negotiations that help to position the organization for regional success.
- Financial performance. Utilizes financial and analytical skills to lead, monitor and take actions that achieves KCH’s financial stability and long-term success.
- Community relations. Fosters strong community relations and develops collaborative partnerships that advance the interests of the organization and contribute to the health and well-being of the communities served.
- Board relations. Manages the functions of the hospital in accordance with the direction set by the board of trustees. Informs and advises the board of trustees on matters that influence and impact hospital performance.
- Human resources. Provides leadership and ongoing communication that aligns and challenges the workforce, inspires, and promotes fulfillment of the hospital’s mission, vision and values.
- Regulatory compliance. Ensures legal, regulatory, and accrediting compliance and represents the hospital in relationships with local, state, and federal governing agencies.
- Works collaboratively with political, professional, and administrative bodies to ensure the hospital is proactive in its strategies, operations, and financials.
This is a full-time position that will be responsible for preparing, cooking, and serving meals to patients, residents, visitors, and staff. Must be able to follow food safety practices. HS Diploma or GED. Previous cooking experience preferred.
This position provides excellent personal nursing care for patients/residents in the hospital, nursing home, clinic, or assisted living and their families under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). This position works with other members of the health care team in providing quality nursing care in a positive environment. Current Nursing Assistant certification and BLS certification required.
The Dietary Supervisor is responsible for overall planning, organization, and execution of all dietary/food service functions for Kearny County Hospital. This includes directing all Dietary operations to meet patient, resident, guest, and staff requirements. This position supports and maintains existing infrastructure and processes while continuing to implement quality improvement initiatives. Certified Dietary Manager or willing to complete the CDM course. 3 years direct experience in dietary services field in healthcare setting preferred.
FHC Registration Specialist
This is a full-time position that will greet patients professionally and collect complete demographic data. Will be responsible for asking for upfront payment for co-pays and other balances due to the clinic. Answer the telephone promptly; obtain appropriate information and routes calls as needed. Must be able to provide general information, reply to patient queries, and direct patients as required. Participate in closing and Saturday rotation.
Under general supervision, the Financial Counselor is responsible for financial assessment and coordinates payment arrangements for all patients. Monitors collections and resolves all adjustments on self-pay surgical packages by using hospital established protocol. Ongoing communication with patients, family members, and staff. High school diploma or equivalent. Two years related experience preferred.
Provide excellent personal care for residents and their families by assisting residents with medication administration and proper documentation of medication administration under the direction of the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Will work with other members of the health care team in providing quality nursing care in a positive environment and assist with direct resident cares. Current Kansas CNA and CMA required. BLS certification required. One year clinical experience in long term care or nursing home preferred.
This position provides general nursing care to patients in the hospital, nursing home, clinic, or similar health care facility by performing the following duties: identify patient’s needs, clinical problems or nursing diagnoses and evaluate responses of the person to health problems and intervention; utilize the nursing process to initiate, implement, and maintain a nursing plan of care; individualize care plans as appropriate; and initiate and implement the patient plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by physician and/or facility policy engaging the patient and family. Current Kansas Licensure – RN/LPN and current BLS Certification required. Current ACLS, NRP, TNCC, PALS, ASLS preferred.
This is a full-time position that will assist with repairs and maintaining the buildings, equipment, and the grounds of KCH. Will assist with general maintenance as needed under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor. Will be required to take call. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
This position performs high complexity tests in the clinical laboratory, ensures that specimens are appropriate for test methodologies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed. The MT or MLT assists customers with information regarding laboratory testing in a pleasant and professional manner. Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree is required. Must meet CLIA Federal Register requirement. Completion of a recognized medical technology program or two years’ experience in a clinical laboratory required andMLS or MLT (ASCP) or equivalent required.
Not sure of the right opportunity for you? Complete our general application and we’ll be in touch if we find a great fit. You can also check this page often, as we frequently add new opportunities.
“If you love the idea of growing by helping others, this is the place for you. Every day, with my patients and with my co-workers, I am fortunate to have so many opportunities to teach, learn and improve – both personally and professionally. The way we all work together is truly special, and together we’re making a difference for each other and those we serve.”
— Drew Miller, MD, FAAFP, Chief of Staff & Family Medicine Physician
There are many things to love about our workplace culture. Here are some of our favorites:
We value kindness and caring. It shows in the ways we interact with one another, and in our shared commitment to service with compassion.
We celebrate the rich diversity of this community, both within our organization and far beyond. We respect all people and points of view.
We support continuous learning and want everyone to feel fulfilled in their work. Being part of KCH offers many opportunities to grow.
We deliver services as a team, so we help each other succeed. Everyone is valued and respected for their actions in service of our mission.
Our Community & Our Hospital
If you are a resident of Kearny County, then you know what a close-knit and charming place this is. If you’re new to the community, what will you enjoy most? Will it be our friendly, small-town personality, combined with the beauty of our diverse population? How about our low cost of living and love of local sports? Maybe it will be our quaint neighborhoods with great schools and fun recreational activities for the whole family. We think you will love it all.
Kearny County Hospital has been serving this community for more than 60 years, and today we have become a national model for rural health. Through our ongoing initiatives to create a patient-focused culture of health, we have established ourselves as an exemplary leader in compassionate care and community wellness. We are very proud to serve our friends, neighbors and families with the respect, kindness and compassion that everyone deserves.
Thank you for considering a career at Kearny County Hospital. We look forward to reviewing your application soon!
For assistance, please contact:
Kearny County Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Physical exams and drug testing are required for all positions.