The Surgery Department is a highly-efficient department staffed by a dedicated and skilled group of professionals.
The Surgery Department consists of Five integrated units, including:
- Pre-Operative – Where patients are admitted to surgery and prepared for surgery.
- Surgery – There are two operating suites where procedures are performed including: ENT, General, OB/GYN, Ortho, and Urology
- Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) – Where patients are taken immediately after surgery to recover from their anesthesia.
- Phase II Recovery area is utilized to recover patients after being in the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Endoscopy Room – Where Esophagogastroduodenoscopies (EGD) and Colonoscopies are performed
- Central Sterilization Department – Where surgical instruments are washed, packaged, and sterilized, not only for surgery, but for the entire hospital and the physician offices.
The Surgical Team includes:
- Our superb team of surgeons are assisted by Registered Nurses who are cross-trained for Pre-op, Surgery , PACU, and Phase II recovery.
- A team of surgical technicians who are cross-trained for surgery and central sterilization.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, Amy Rains and Lauren Brown