Great things have been happening at Kearny County Hospital for almost 70 years. As champions of advancing rural health, we have worked to provide the highest possible quality of care, and according to our most recent patient survey, our dedication to outstanding patient service is clear. We remain deeply committed to the health and wellness of our patients and the overall community.
Kearny County Hospital, founded in 1952, has been owned and operated by our county government since 1976 to provide inpatient and outpatient hospital care, emergency medical treatment and primary care in the Lakin area and surrounding communities.
High Plains Retirement Village, the Kearny County Home for the Aged, was founded in 1983 and has been owned and operated by our county government to provide nursing facility, senior housing and long-term care services. In 1990, Kearny County Hospital began operation of the Family Health Center, which provides primary care in Lakin and Deerfield.
Today, Kearny County Hospital has become a national model for rural health. Through our ongoing initiatives to create a patient-focused culture of health, we have established ourselves as an exemplary leader in compassionate care and community wellness. State and federal agencies have replicated our innovative programs in rural communities throughout the country, implementing our solutions to unique problems with isolation, finances, staffing and care quality.
We will remain a driving force toward the advancement of rural health and will work to build upon our successes. At the same time, we will continue to serve our local and surrounding communities at the highest level possible. In our work, we are committed to:
- Continually improving the quality of our caring services, and increase our knowledge, skill and compassion;
- Continually increasing the esteem we place on our staff, and our efforts to assure the maintenance of a safe, caring and pleasant workplace and residence;
- Assuring access to emergency, long-term care, medical, nursing and primary care services that are a high quality and high value and assure that no person will be denied care because of sex, age, race, color, creed, disability, income or national origin;
- Achieving quality in our services, which is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution;
- Cooperating with organizations within Kearny County, with like-minded neighboring community health organizations, and with government agencies in the provision of appropriate services;
- Exploring through network collaboration and demonstration projects better methods of rural health services delivery, and;
- Improving the public health and promoting the rational distribution of essential health services in a caring, efficient, effective, and financially responsible manner.
We are proud to celebrate all the wonderful providers and staff at Kearny County Hospital, the Family Health Center, and High Plains Retirement Village – familiar faces in our own community who care for their neighbors, friends and families every day. We thank our patients, our supporters and the entire community for being a huge part of the great things happening at Kearny County Hospital!