Lindsee Wilson, Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP), works with people of all ages to evaluate, diagnose and treat disorders of speech (how we say sounds and put them together to form words) and language (comprehension of what we hear or read and how we use words to communicate). She also treats cognitive communication and swallowing disorders.
Wilson holds weekly specialty clinics for speech therapy on Tuesdays at Kearny County Hospital. She treats patients with the following conditions that are often related to age or injury:
- Aphasia: affects use of language, speech comprehension, ability to read and write
- Dysarthria: slowed or slurred speech
- Dysphagia: swallowing difficulties
- Vocal fold dysfunction: vocal cords don’t open correctly
- Voice disorders affecting voice quality, pitch and loudness
- Traumatic brain injury
Wilson also works with children in the areas of speech articulation, receptive and expressive language, vocabulary, social aspects of language, and fluency. To learn more or schedule an appointment, call 620-355-7111.