Letter to the Community: COVID-19 Vaccination
To our valued patients and members of our community:
At Kearny County Hospital, the people we serve will always be our greatest joy and our number one priority. We have provided quality healthcare in this community for nearly 70 years, and we are committed to the health and wellness of our families, friends and neighbors – especially now, as the COVID-19 pandemic continues its course.
Fortunately, COVID-19 vaccines are becoming more widely available in our community. And I am proud to share that Kearny County Hospital has one of the highest COVID-19 workforce vaccination rates among hospitals in Kansas, at 83 percent. Our high workforce vaccination rate is yet another demonstration of our commitment to your health and safety, and a key milestone in ensuring healthcare services are open and available for you and your families.
To help protect the health of our community and for those who live, work and play here in Kearny County, we encourage you to get your COVID-19 vaccine as soon as it is available to you. There are many benefits to getting vaccinated:
- The vaccines have shown to be highly effective against contracting COVID-19
- For those who do get COVID-19, data are showing vaccines can lower your risk of severe illness
- Getting vaccinated can help “stop the spread’ and protect the people around you
- Fully vaccinated people can safely follow looser guidelines for gathering indoors and interacting with others
- Fewer seriously ill patients will help prevent hospitals from becoming overcrowded
- COVID-19 vaccines are a key factor in ending the pandemic and working toward our pre-pandemic normalcy
We are committed to your health, and as the number of fully vaccinated people increases, our community will continue to be safer and healthier. That is the goal of Kearny County Hospital – a safer, healthier community for all of us.
Chief Executive Officer
Kearny County Hospital
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines, please click here.
To learn more about vaccines at Kearny County Hospital, visit our Vaccine Hub.